The DAC1653D is a high-speed, high-performance 16-bit dual channel Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC). The device provides sample rates up to 2.0 Gsps with selectable 2x, 4x and 8x interpolation filters optimized for multi carrier and broadband wireless transmitters. The DAC165xD integrates a JEDEC JESD204B compliant high-speed serial input data interface running up to 10 Gbps allowing dual channel input sampling at up to 1 Gsps over four differential lanes. It offers numerous advantages over traditional parallel digital interfaces.
- 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 Gsps maximum output update rate
- 1 Gsps maximum baseband input data rate
- 1, 2 or 4 configurable JESD204B serial input lanes running up to 10 Gbps with embedded termination and programmable equalization
- JEDEC JESD204B device subclass I compliant: SYSREF based deterministic and repeatable interface latency
- MDS enabling multiple DAC output streams being sample-level synchronized and phase coherent at the system-level
- Clock divider by 2,4,6,8 available at the input of the clock path with group delay compensation
- RF enable/disable pin and RF automatic mute for PA protection
- Power consumption 450mW per channel @ 1.5Gsps
- Output common Mode voltage 0.5V typical
- Typical Dynamics performances: SFDR = 85 dBc; IMD3= 85dBc; NSD = -164 dBm/Hz
- Xilinx LogiCORE IP JESD204
- See: Altera JESD204B Reference Designs
The DAC high-speed JESD204B-compliant data converters have been awarded the 2013 EDN China Innovation Award in the "Leading Product" category.