Despite various challenges recently including COVID-19 and inflation, Renesas has stayed focused on its purpose, people, and developing products and solutions that directly contribute to building a more sustainable future. We are thrilled to share our inaugural report that demonstrates our commitment and progress toward meeting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals.
As a technology leader, we leverage our expertise and global supplier network to provide complete semiconductor solutions, including energy-efficient devices to your homes and advanced technologies that enhance driver safety – all while reducing environmental risks. We strive to ensure the health and safety of everyone and make a positive impact in the society where we live and work.
We invite you to explore our report and welcome your feedback.
"Our goal is to support a sustainable society as well as foster corporate activities that enable both environmental conservation and healthy lives of people."
Senior Vice President and General Manager
Production and Technology Unit
- Pledged commitment to carbon neutrality by 2050
- Reduced GHG emissions by 6.6%
- Reduced energy consumption by 1.2%
- Obtained SBTi validation on GHG emission reduction target
- Improved water intensity by 38%
- Achieved water recycling rate of 32%
- Maintained waste recycling rate at 92%
- Obtained third-party verification of environmental data
- Endorsed TCFD recommendations and expanded our reporting framework
- In FY2022, Renesas Green Devices accounted for 93% of new product development and approximately 60% of total sales including affiliated products (See more details in the report)
"Our employees are our greatest asset and we have continued to invest in their growth and development."
Senior Vice President and CHRO
"Ensuring supply chain resilience and a safe and healthy workplace has been our top priority."
Senior Vice President and CFO
- Provided emergency funding and support to our employees in Ukraine
- Launched additional workforce flexibility initiatives and global employee education
- Hosted multiple Diversity, Equity and Inclusion seminars and panel discussions
- Expanded Diversity Promotion Group and the Women in Technology Employee Resource Group across the company
- Established the Renesas Electronics Group Human Rights Policy and implemented the first human rights due diligence
- Achieved 97% employee participation in human rights e-learning course
- Received 90%+ supplier response to the Self-Assessment Questionnaire and confirmed agreement to our Supplier Code of Conduct
- Obtained ISO 45001 certification for our main production bases in Japan
- Included in CDP 2022 Supplier Engagement Leaderboard
"We have made it our utmost priority to implement enhancements in Governance across all three groups – Board of Directors, Nomination Committee, and Compensation Committee."
Independent Director (ESG Sponsor)
- Achieved Board gender diversity target of 20% in March 2022
- Completed the first materiality assessment
- Established a Security Council consisting of the CEO, CFO, General Counsel and the heads of IT and HR
- Enhanced cybersecurity
- Revised Renesas Global Code of Conduct