E20 emulator [R0E000200KCT00]
As a sophisticated on-chip debugging emulator and flash programmer, the E20 emulator provides enhanced trace functions and RAM monitoring functions for RX600 and RX700 products, and the full basic debugging functionality of the E1 emulator. It is capable of large-capacity tracing for enhanced debugging in combination with MCUs that incorporate trace output functionality.
|Purpose of use||Software to be used||Target devices Note1||Latest Version||Released||Operating Environment|
|V6.00.00||Jul. 20, 2017||Operating Environment|
|V6.0.0||Aug. 08, 2017|
|IAR Embedded Workbench Note2||RX、RL78、RH850||Contact IAR Systems.|
|Green Hills Multi Note2||RH850||Contact Green Hills Software.|
|V3.03.00||Jul. 20, 2017||Operating Environment|
1: Click here for details when using devices of V850 family, 78K0R, 78K0, or R8C family.
2: As for tools produced by partners, contact them directly.
- Enhanced functions for faster debugging
In addition to all the debugging functions of the E1, the E20 supports powerful functionality such as larger trace capacity and realtime RAM monitoring. In addition, coverage function is supported on RX64M or RX71M Group.
* Click here for the details.
- Also functions as an on-board programmer.
Can be used as an on-board programming tool after the debugging, enabling smooth evaluation of the MCU.
- Optimally suited for evaluating analogue functions such as A/D and D/A properties.
Electrical characteristics are the same as those of the actual MCU, since the actual MCU is used for debugging.
- Serial, JTAG and LPD connections are supported.
For the communication system, serial, JTAG or LPD connection can be selected as required by the type of the target MCU.
- Simple connection
Connection requires only a connector mounted on the user system, thus significantly reducing the possibility of loose connection.
- Environmentally friendly material
The casing is made of plant-derived polylactide (PLA).
Note that some functions shown here may not be supported under the IDE you use. Performance property and Connection system also vary depending on the MCU type.
The specific features of the E20 emulator such as the large trace function and the real-time RAM monitor function are available only when using with MCUs of the RX600 or RX700 series. When using with MCUs of other than the RX600 or RX700 series, the supported functions for debugging correspond to those of the E1 emulator.
Memory reference and change while
executing the program
Real-time RAM monitor
|See On-chip Debuggers Performance Property.|
|User interface||38-way cable [2-5767004-2 (product of Tyco Electronics Corporation)]
14-way cable Note1 [7614-6002 (product of 3M Co., Ltd.) and 2514-6002 (product of 3M Limited)]
|PC interface||USB 2.0, full speed and high speed|
|Target board connection||Via attached user I/F cable (Connection signals vary by the target MCU type.)|
|User's resource possession||Some MCUs possess the port peripheral functions.|
|Power supply||Not supported|
|Power voltage||1.8V to 5.5V (depending on the target MCU)|
(Except the protruding parts)
|114.9 mm×74.2 mm×19.2 mm|
|Conformance with overseas standards||European Standards: EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024
US FCC Standard: FCC part 15 Class A
1: The available debugging function corresponds to that of E1 Emulator. Even when using with E20, the large trace function and Real-time RAM monitor, specific functions of E20, are not supported.
- E20 Emulator main unit
- USB cable
- User's system I/F cable
- 38-pin/14-pin converter adapter (R0E000200CKA00)
- Software CD-ROM
- Installation guide
- Self-Checking Program
- USB driver
- E1/E20 Emulator User's Manual
Configuração do sistema
Following devices are optionally provided to facilitate the use of the E1 and E20 emulators.
Please make sure to choose the devices that match the type of your emulators and MCUs.
- Conversion Adapter : Converts the number and height of the pins in the connector for the connection with the emulator.
- Hot-plug Adapter : Allows you to connect the emulator without having to turn off the system (Hot Plugin).
- Isolator : Enables debugging in an environment where there is a difference in potential between the user system GND and the host PC GND.
- Low voltage OCD Board : Enables you to debug the target MCU, even if the adapter voltage is not high enough to reprogram internal Flash ROM. This product is used between the emulator and a user's system, and is united by the in-circuit connection with the user's system.
- Debug MCU Board : Enables the incircuit connection of the emulator with the user's system. This board allows you to use enhanced debugging functions. The applicable debugging function varies depending on the MCU type.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.
Finding useful items to know in advance
Problems with debugging
Errors for unknown reasons