IEC61508 Certification Kit for RX Compilers
This kit supports the certification of development tools which are required for the IEC 61508 functional safety standard. It is intended for customers who are using RX compiler products in developing products for industrial applications.
We have started sales of an IEC 61508 certification kit for RX compilers. This kit can reduce the work required to acquire compliance with IEC 61508.
We provide documents required for acquiring certification on software tools in development of industrial systems with functional safety, such as the IEC61508 certificate, as the IEC61508 certification kit for RX compilers. This certification kit can significantly reduce the need for software tool validity checking required for acquiring the IEC61508 certification.
Additionally, Renesas Electronics Corporation provides the following functional safety solution for industrial automation.
- Safety package
- Safety reference kit
Using this certification kit and the functional safety solution in combination allows you to reduce work load in development of industrial systems with functional safety using RX.
For details about the safety package and safety reference kit, refer to this page.
Contents of the Product
The IEC61508 certification kit for RX compilers provides the following documents:
- IEC61508 certificate that TÜV Rheinland has issued for C/C++ compiler for RX family V2.03.00
- Report about the evaluation of Renesas Compiler Suite CC-RX V2.03.00
- IEC61508-certified safety manual for C/C++ compiler for RX family
- Failure information for C/C++ compiler for RX family V2.03.00
(Failure, conditions, workaround)
Contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor for details of the kit.
- This certification kit supports qualification of confidence in a tool being in accordance with IEC 61508, but does not guarantee the acquisition of functional safety certification.
- Please confirm the acquisition of full functional safety certification with a certification authority.
- The kit does not include a compiler. You will need V2 of the C/C++ Compiler Package for the RX Family.
If you do not have V2 of the package, you will need to purchase it separately.
- This kit supports V2.03.00 of the C/C++ Compiler Package for the RX Family. You will also need to follow the advice in 3.3, Assumptions and recommendations on usage for the Renesas C/C++ Compiler, in the safety manual.
Since the safety manual is part of the certification kit, be sure to contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor to inquire about the recommended methods of usage in general before purchasing the kit or V2 of the C/C++ Compiler Package for the RX Family.
- If you are using a version of the C/C++ Compiler Package for the RX Family other than V2.03.00, or if you intend to use the compiler under conditions that in some way do not meet the recommended usage instructions in the safety manual, consider our Compiler Qualification Service (to Support Functional Safety).
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|