Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 (B Mask)
The Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 (B Mask) is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation tool for the RX210 microcontroller.
The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using High-performance Embedded Workshop*1 as well as programming the device using E1 emulator and/or Flash Development Toolkit.
The Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 (B Mask) may be connected to the host PC using a simple RS232 serial connection or via the included USB E1 on chip debugging interface.
The purpose of the board is to enable the user to evaluate the capabilities of the device and its peripherals by giving the user a simple platform on which code can be run only minutes from opening box. It can also prove an invaluable tool in development by providing a useful test platform for code already debugged using one of our more powerful emulation tools.
Important notice for customers who have purchased this product
We are very sorry, but a mistake has been discovered in the Renesas Starter Kit for RX210(B Mask) User's Manual file. The corrected information can be downloaded below. We apologize for the trouble, and your understanding is most appreciated.
Layout and Specification
The LCD display module is supplied as a detachable sub-board. The board dimensions are 120 mm by 100 mm, detailed dimensions are available in the user manual.
|Input Clock||Main: 20 MHz|
|Sub: 32.768 kHz|
|Potentiometer||Single-turn, 10 kΩ|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 2|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User x 3|
|DC Power Jack||5 V Input|
|E1 Header||14-pin box header|
|RS232 Serial Connector||9-pin DSUB|
|LCD Display Connector||14-pin socket|
|Microcontroller Pin Header||2.54 mm pitch, 36-pin x 4 (J1, J2, J3, J4)|
|Application Board Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin x 2 (JA1, JA2), 24-pin x 2 (JA5, JA6)|
|BUS Interface Option||2.54 mm pitch, 50-pin (JA3)|
* Microcontroller Pin Header, Application Board Interface and BUS Interface Option are not contained in the product.
* The potentiometer is fitted to offer an easy way of supplying a variable analog input to the controller. It does not necessarily reflect the accuracy of the controllers ADC. Please see the device manual for details.
Manufacturer Name: PIHER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Part Number: N6R (6 mm RoHS reflowable potentiometer)
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- E1 Emulator
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- Quick Start Guide
|- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial, and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C Compiler: C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E1/E20 Emulator Debugger
- The C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services. In addition, The C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family Evaluation Version has some restrictions compared to the Product Version.
Trial period: 60 days
The link size will be limited to 128 KB after 60 days.
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium Ⅲ 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 7 / Windows XP / Windows Vista *2 (other than the listed OS is not supported)
*1: IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
*2: MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S. No support for Windows Vista® 64-bit editions.
*3:Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Product Name||Debugger Supplied||Part Number
|Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 (B Mask)
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|