The 78K0/Ix2 8-bit All Flash® microcontrollers are designed specifically for lighting applications requiring low cost, high efficiency and intelligent controls, namely fluorescent and LED lights.
- Operating voltage: VDD = 2.7 to 5.5 V
- Max. frequency: 20 MHz
- ROM capacities: 4 KB to 16 KB flash memory
- RAM capacities: 384 bytes to 768 bytes
- 16/20/30-pin plastic SSOP package,32-pin plastic WQFN package
- 78K0 CPU core
- High-speed system clock ... Selected from the following four sources
- Ceramic/crystal oscillator: 1 to 10 MHz
- External clock: 1 to 10 MHz
- Internal high-speed oscillator: 4 MHz ± 2 % (-20 to +70°C), or 8 MHz ± 5 %(-40 to +85°C)
- Clock for 16-bit timers X0 and X1: 40 MHz (TYP.) (when using PLL)
- Internal low-speed oscillator 30 kHz (TYP.) ... Watchdog timer, timer clock in intermittent operation When using a 4 MHz clock, operation at 20 MHz is possible by using PLL.
- I/O ports: 12 to 16 (CMOS I/O: 9 to 13, CMOS input: 3)
- 16-bit timer X : PWM output (40 MHz (MAX.) clock operation), operation in conjunction with an external signal, synchronous output of up to four channels, A/D conversion trigger generation: 2 channels
- 16-bit timer/event counter : PPG output, capture input, external event counter input: 1 channel
- 8-bit timer H1 : PWM output, operable with low-speed internal oscillation clock: 1 channel
- 8-bit timer/event counter 51 : External event counter input: 1 channel
- Watchdog timer : Operable with low-speed internal oscillation clock: 1 channel
- Serial interface
- UART6 : Asynchronous 2-wire serial interface:0/ 1 channel
- DALI : 2-wire serial interface for lighting control (slave): 0/1 channel
- IICA : Clock synchronous 2-wire serial interface, multimaster supported standby can be released upon address match in slave mode: 0/1 channel
- CSI11 : Clock synchronous 3-wire serial interface, operable as SPI in slave mode: 0/1 channel
- Multiplier (8 bits x 8 bits = 16 bits, 16 bits x 16 bits = 32 bits, 1-clock operation)
- 10-bit resolution A/D conversion: 5/6/9 channels
- Operational amplifier (Products with operational amplifier only): 1 channel
- Comparator: 3 channels
- Power-on-clear (POC) circuit
- Low-voltage detector (LVI) circuit (An interrupt/reset (selectable) is generated when the detection voltage is reached)) - Detection voltage: Selectable from ten levels between 2.84 and 4.22 V
* 1.91 V is used only when the power is turned on when the LVI default start is set.
- Single-power-supply flash memory
- Flash self programming enabled
- Software protection function: Protected from outside party copying (no Flash reading command)
- Safety function
- Watchdog timer operated by clock independent from CPU ... A hang-up can be detected even if the system clock stops
- Supply voltage drop detectable by LVI ... Appropriate processing can be executed before the supply voltage drops below the operation voltage
- Equipped with option byte function ... Important system operation settings set in hardware
- On-chip debug function ... Available to control for the target device, and to reference memory
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 to +105°C
Pin Count / Memory Size Lineup:
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Software Design Support
|CS+||An integrated development environment that can be used for coding, assembling/compiling, and simulation. (Also included with Renesas Starter Kits.)|
|E1||A standard Renesas on-chip debugging emulator that enables users to carry out ample debugging for real development at low cost. (Also included with starter kits.)|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.