Customers often want to quickly evaluate ASi-5 together with several sensors in their lab. The ASi-5 board already exists, but is lacking sensors, so a dedicated I/F is required to connect to the appropriate sensors.
They often also need to decouple processes and offload their host MCU, so a pre-evaluation of the sensor data by a dedicated MCU on the sensor board is often required. A power supply, usually 3.3V or 5V, is also required.
This design shows a single PCB with multiple sensors, interfaces, a dedicated MCU for sensor data pre-evaluation, and a power supply.
- Multiple sensors on one board for quick evaluation
- Sensor selection by DIP switch or by software
- Additional analog inputs
- Integrated powerful, rich analog features in the RA2A1 MCU for sensor data pre-evaluation/calculation
- I/F to existing ASi-5 board
- 8-/16-/24-bit parallel out for simple ASi-5 slave
- SPI for complex ASi-5 slave
- Additional PMOD I/F to also allow connection to most Renesas MCU boards
- Single 3.3V or 5V input and internal generation of additional power rail (3.3V + 5V)
|RA2A1||48MHz Arm® Cortex®-M23 core with integration of a 24-bit sigma-delta ADC||Datasheet||Select Specific Device|
|ISL9113A||Low input voltage and high efficiency synchronous boost converter with 1.3A switch||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|ISL80015A||Compact synchronous buck converter||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|FS2012||Gas or liquid flow sensor module with calibration||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|OB1203||Heart rate, blood oxygen concentration, pulse oximetry, proximity, light and color sensor||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|ZMOD4410||Indoor air quality sensor platform||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|HS3001||High-performance relative humidity and temperature sensor||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|ISL29033||Ultra-low lux, low power, integrated digital ambient light sensor with interrupt function||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
|ISL29501||Time of Flight (ToF) signal processing IC||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
Renesas’ complementary product portfolios of Analog + Power + Embedded Processing work together to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customers. Our product experts have developed "Winning Combinations," compelling product combinations that help our customers accelerate their designs and get to market faster.