The IP gateway is an optional bridge to an Intranet or the Internet for all sensor and/or control data. HTTPS or MQTT (among other options) can be used for secure protocol requirements. Multiple PHYs could also be used, such as:
- Wi-Fi based on IEEE 802.11
- Thread, Zigbee or 6LoWPAN based on IEEE 802.15.4
- Ethernet based on IEEE 802.3
- LTE-M/-NB (depending on the geographical region and available providers)
- Bluetooth® 5 mesh communication enables communication with other sensors and the actuators.
- The IP gateway function could either be a separate device or integrated in the actuator(s).
- For the power supply, usually mains will be needed for the fan/HVAC (e.g., 230Vac or 110Vac, or 24Vdc) from the building control system. Renesas has a comprehensive set of power solutions available, depending on the exact use case.
|RX23W||32-bit MCUs with Bluetooth® 5 for IoT endpoint devices, system control and wireless communication achieved on a single chip||Datasheet||Select Specific Device|
|RX65N||120MHz 32-bit microcontrollers with enhanced security, connectivity and HMI||Datasheet||Select Specific Device|
|ISL85415||Wide VIN 500mA synchronous buck regulator||Datasheet||Buy/Sample|
Renesas’ complementary product portfolios of Analog + Power + Embedded Processing work together to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customers. Our product experts have developed "Winning Combinations," compelling product combinations that help our customers accelerate their designs and get to market faster.