The Renesas two wheeler immobilizer reference solution implements security, safety and convenience all in one: Follow Me, Immobilizer, Answerback.
Communication via CAN bus may be established with other modules such as the engine control unit, enabling starting of the bike after authentication, and the cluster for indication.
This demo implements a dual channel Intelligent Power Device (IPD) for blinkers and a single channel IPD for headlamp drive to provide Follow Me extended illumination functionality.
- Industry’s lowest power automotive-grade, single-chip, 16-bit microcontroller
- Renesas second generation Intelligent Power Devices (IPD), have built-in peripheral and protection functions that supports system reliability improvement and unit down-sizing
- Single-chip advance base station IC
- In-built coil antenna driver
- High sensitivity – 110 db
- 20 million combinations
- Programmable data rate (600 bps to 4.8kbps)
- Follow Me
- The Follow Me feature is implemented by keeping headlamp on for specified time period after the ignition is turned off. The purpose of this feature is to lighten the path for the rider. After the rider gets down from the bike, the headlamp will be ON for a predefined amount of time.