The ISL78714XB-EVKIT1Z is an evaluation kit that facilitates testing of the ISL78714 Li-ion battery pack analog front-end ICs. The ISL78714 monitors cell voltage and temperature, and provides 14-bit digital values, cell balance control, and significant fault detection. The ISL78714 also contains daisy chain hardware to provide robust board-to-board communication.
The evaluation kit operates as a stand-alone monitor or, combined with additional boards, creates a daisy chained application. One board operating alone allows testing of up to 14-cell series-connected Li-ion battery packs, using a standard USB interface to a PC. Up to 30 boards cascade (with daisy chain communication from board-to-board) to test systems with up to 420 cells.
- Supports both stand-alone and daisy chained configurations
- Daisy chain capacitively coupled (direct board-to-board or cable connected) or transformer coupled cable connected (capacitor or transformer selected by jumper)
- External cell balance operation
- Cell voltages monitored after balance resistor to meet safety fault detection goals
- GUI provided export option for generation of detailed register, voltage and/or SPI communications log files
- USB microcontroller dongle runs HID firmware for enumeration and communications with Windows platforms
- Evaluation kit includes a resistor divider power supply board for cell voltage generation
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) and Electric Vehicle (EV) battery packs
- Electric motorcycle battery packs
- Backup battery and energy storage systems requiring high accuracy management and monitoring
- Portable and semi-portable equipment
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.