The ISL85410 is a 1A synchronous buck regulator with an input range of 3V to 40V. It provides an easy-to-use, high efficiency low BOM count solution for a variety of applications.
The ISL85410 integrates both high-side and low-side NMOS FETs and features a PFM mode for improved efficiency at light loads. This feature can be disabled if a forced PWM mode is needed. The ISL85410 switches at a default frequency of 500kHz; however, it can also be programmed using an external resistor from 300kHz to 2MHz. The ISL85410 has the ability to use internal or external compensation. By integrating both NMOS devices and providing internal configuration options, minimal external components are required, which reduces BOM count and complexity of design.
With a wide VIN range and reduced BOM, the ISL85410 provides an easy to implement design solution for a variety of applications while giving superior performance. The ISL85410 provides a very robust design for high-voltage industrial applications and an efficient solution for battery powered applications.
The ISL85410 is available in a small Pb-free 4mmx3mm DFN plastic package with a full-range industrial temperature of -40°C to +125°C.
- Wide input voltage range: 3V to 40V
- Synchronous operation for high efficiency
- No compensation required
- Integrated high-side and low-side NMOS devices
- Selectable PFM or forced PWM mode at light loads
- Internal fixed frequency (500kHz) or adjustable switching frequency (300kHz to 2MHz)
- Continuous output current up to 1A
- Internal or external soft-start
- Minimal external components required
- Power-good and enable functions available
Design Resources and Tools