The ISL8088 has a user configurable mode of operation-forced PWM mode and PFM/PWM mode. The forced PWM mode operation reduces noise and RF interference while the PFM mode operation provides high efficiency by reducing switching losses at light loads. In PFM mode of operation, both channels draw a total quiescent current of only 30µA hence enabling high light load efficiency in order to maximize battery life.
The ISL8088 offers a 1ms Power-Good (PG) to monitor both output at power-up. When shutdown, ISL8088 discharges the outputs capacitor. Other features include internal digital soft-start, enable for power sequence, overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown. The ISL8088 is offered in a 3mmx3mm 10 Ld DFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 1.8cm2 area.
- Internal Current Mode Compensation
- 100% Maximum Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Selectable Forced PWM Mode and PFM Mode
- External Synchronization up to 4MHz
- Start-up with Pre-biased Output
- Soft-Stop Output Discharge During Disabled
- Internal Digital Soft-Start - 2ms
- Power-Good (PG) Output with 1ms Delay
Design Resources and Tools