These devices provide essential functions such as supply voltage supervision by asserting a reset output during power-up and power-down as well as during brownout conditions. An auxiliary voltage monitor is provided for detecting power failures warning the system of low battery conditions or presence detection. In addition, an independent watchdog timer helps to monitor microprocessor activity every 1.6s (typical). An active-low manual reset is offered and reset signals remain asserted until VDD returns to proper operating levels.
Users can increase the nominal 200ms power-on reset time-out delay by adding an external capacitor to the CPOR pin on the ISL88707 and ISL88708.
- Fixed-Voltage Options Allow Precise Monitoring of +3.0V, +3.3V, and +5.0V Power Supplies
- Additional Voltage Monitor for Power-Fail Detection or Low-Battery Warning
- Monitors Voltages Down to 1.25V
- Adjustable Power-Fail Input Threshold
- Watchdog Timer Capability With 1.6s Time-out
- Both RST and RST Outputs Available
- 140ms Minimum Reset Pulse Width with Option to Customize Using an External Capacitor
- Manual Reset Input on all Devices
- Reset Signal Valid Down to VDD = 1V
- Accurate ±1.8% Voltage Threshold
- Immune to Power-Supply Transients
- Ultra Low 10µA Maximum Supply Current at 3V
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)