The ISL8215M power module is a single-channel, synchronous step-down, non-isolated complete power supply, capable of delivering up to 15A of continuous current. Operating from a single 7V to 42V wide input power rail and integrating the controller, power inductor, and MOSFETs, the ISL8215M requires only a few external components to operate and is optimized for space constrained applications.
The ISL8215M is based on a valley current mode PWM control scheme and provides fast transient response and excellent loop stability. It offers an adjustable output voltage range of 0.6V to 12V with better than 1.5% accuracy over line, load, and temperature. A 40ns typical minimum on-time and an adjustable operating frequency allow it to support low duty cycle, single-step down conversions to point-of-load voltages and its operating frequency can also be synchronized with an external clock signal. The ISL8215M implements a selectable Pulse Skipping Mode (PSM) with Diode Emulation Mode (DEM) to improve light-load efficiency for battery related applications. A programmable soft-start reduces the inrush current from the input supply while a dedicated enable pin and power-good flag allow for easy system power rails sequencing with voltage tracking capability. Excellent efficiency and low thermal resistance permit full power operation without heatsinks.
Input Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO), over-temperature, programmable overcurrent, output overvoltage, and output prebias start-up protections ensure safe operations under abnormal operating conditions.
The ISL8215M is available in a compact RoHS compliant thermally-enhanced 19mm x 13mm x 5.3mm HDA package.
- 15A single-channel complete power supply
- Integrates controller, MOSFETs, and inductor
- 7V to 42V wide input voltage range
- Adjustable output voltage
- 0.6V to 12V wide output voltage range
- 40ns on-time low duty cycle conversion capable
- ±1.5% accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Up to 96.5% efficiency
- 300kHz to 2MHz adjustable PWM operations
- External synchronization up to 1MHz
- Selectable light-load PSM/DEM efficiency mode
- Enable pin and power-good flag
- Programmable soft-start or voltage tracking
- Complete protection
- UVLO, programmable overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature
- Prebias output start-up
- 19mm x 13mm x 5.3mm HDA package