The ISL68127 is a digital dual output, flexible multiphase (X+Y ≤ 7) PWM controller supporting the latest PMBus V1.3 specifications. The ISL68127can be configured to support any desired phase assignments up to a maximum of seven phases across the two outputs (X+Y). For example, 6+1, 5+2, 4+2, 3+3, 3+2, or even a single output operation as a 7+0 configuration are supported. The ISL68127 uses the Renesas proprietary linear synthetic digital current modulation scheme to achieve the industry’s best combination of transient response and ease of tuning while addressing the challenges of modern multiphase designs.
You can configure the device and monitor telemetry using the intuitive Renesas PowerNavigator GUI. The ISL68127 device supports on-chip nonvolatile memory to store various configuration settings that are user-selectable through pin-strap, giving system designers increased power density to configure and deploy multiple configurations. The automatic phase add/drop feature allows maximum efficiency across all load ranges. Thresholds for automatic phase add/drop are user-programmable using PowerNavigator.
The ISL68127 supports a comprehensive fault management system to enable the design of highly reliable systems. From a multitiered overcurrent protection scheme to the configurable power-good and output overvoltage/undervoltage fault thresholds and temperature monitoring, almost any need is accommodated.
With minimal external components, easy configuration, robust fault management, and highly accurate regulation capability, implementing a high-performance, multiphase regulator has never been easier.
- Advanced linear digital modulation scheme
- Zero latency synthetic current control for excellent HF current balance
- Dual edge modulation for fastest transient response
- Auto phase add/drop for excellent load vs efficiency profile
- PMBus V1.3 support
- Telemetry: VIN, VOUT, IOUT, power IN/OUT, temperature, and various fault status registers
- Up to 1MHz bus interface
- Flexible phase configuration
- 7+0, 6+1, 5+2, and 4+3 phase operation
- Operation using fewer than seven phases between two outputs is also supported
- Diode braking for overshoot reduction
- Differential remote voltage sensing supports ±0.5% closed loop system accuracy over load, line, and temperature
- Highly accurate current sensing for excellent load line regulation and accurate OCP
- Supports the ISL99227 60A smart power stage
- Supports DCR sense with integrated temperature compensation
- Comprehensive fault management enables high reliability systems
- Pulse-by-pulse phase current limiting
- Total output current protection
- Output and input OV/UV
- Open voltage sense detect
- Black box recording capability for faults
- Intuitive configuration using PowerNavigator
- NVM to store up to eight configurations
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)