The IDE for Gadget Renesas (IDE for GR) is the development environment that enables programming offline. You can use development environments like the Arduino IDE and import a sample, compile, write a program, and debug via a serial monitor.
The following Gadget Renesas boards are supported by the current IDE for GR version:
Download IDE for GR
- Updated September 19, 2019
- Related to GR-ROSE, updated XRCE-DDS-Client for ROS2 Dashing Diademata. And updated FreeRTOS from V1.4.6 to V1.4.7
- Related to GR-PEACH, fixed the bug of ArduinoSD library not running correctly
- Updated July 9, 2019
- Related to GR-ROSE, added standard message types for ROS2. Fixed the problem that behavior of Ether.begin became unstable. Fixed a library that handles dynamic memory such as malloc and String. Added web access related libraries such as ArduinoJson, Parser for HTTP, Pub/Sub Client, etc. Other minor corrections were done.
- Updated Nov. 1, 2018 for Windows/Mac
- Fixed problem of CPU utilization rate increasing (bug created with v1.03 line indication)
- The following versions of the library were applied:
- GR-PEACH v2.04, GR-LYCHEE v1.04, GR-CITRUS/GR-SAKURA v2.21, GR-KURUMI other RL78 v2.03
- Updated Feb 2, 2018 for windows, Feb 8, 2018 for Mac
- Line numbers can now be displayed
- Ensures that "core dependency" error does not appear in Arduino library import
- Updated the library of GR-PEACH to v2.03. Addition of LCD libraries was done
- Updated the library of GR-LYCHEE to v1.02. Addition of LCD libraries was done
Note: The volume label of GR-CITRUS has been changed to "GR-CITRUS_b" by updating the USB mass storage firmware. With v1.02 or less, "GR-CITRUS is not found" is displayed at the time of writing. The Windows version is compatible with v1.02b. The Mac version is compatible with v1.03.
For Windows, it is not in the installation format. After extracting the zip file, please start the exe file.
For Mac, after mounting the dmg file, move the IDE for GR to the application folder.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 32/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32/64-bit
- Windows 10 32/64-bit
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.12 Sierra (Evaluated on v1.03)
- OS X 10.13 High Sierra (Evaluated on v1.03)
About the Libraries
In IDE for GR, in order to reduce compilation time, most libraries archive and use compiled objects, and their sources are deleted.
The archive file uses gr_common.a generated by the build of the web compiler, but when changing the library, it is recommended to use an IDE that allows project management such as e2 studio.