Brushless DC (BLDC) motor control is a key technology for electrification of vehicle. This Renesas solution features the RH850/F1KM-S1 microcontroller (MCU), along with an inductive position sensor IC and power MOSFETs in an automotive 12V motor control system solution. The IPS2550 outputs the absolute electrical rotor position via differential or single-ended analog sine/cosine signals. It also offers an I2C interface for programming and diagnostic purposes. This solution is available in the form of a starter kit for evaluation purposes (Y-BLDC-SK-RH850F1KM-S1-V2).
- Complete solution for high-speed motor control based on inductive position sensing technology
- Superior performance: Higher torque control under all load conditions (even at start-up), high motor efficiency and accuracy, low noise and vibration, high precision in brake and hold
- Cost effective: Magnet-free inductive position sensing, no shielding required, immune to magnetic stray fields
- MCU line-up supporting functional safety features, as well as required security requirements and software ecosystem (MCAL)
- Power MOSFET for inverter application
System Block Diagram