The R-Car E3 is an upscale to the predecessor R-Car D3 SoC for 3D graphics clusters, that brings enhanced 3D graphics rendering performance. As part of the Renesas R-Car family, the new SoC also offers the functional safety and security functions that are essential for connected cars as the role of the human-machine interface (HMI) becomes more important. With these features, the R-Car E3 simplifies the task of developing robust systems capable of dealing safely with both malfunctions and cyberattacks
The single-chip design enables the integration of a variety of systems, significantly reducing overall system development costs and achieving substantial space savings. The R-Car E3 shares the scalability of the R-Car H3 and R-Car M3 for integrated cockpits as well as the R-Car D3 for instrument clusters, establishing the highest level of software reuse. Renesas partner companies with extensive experience in the instrument cluster field are ready to provide operating systems (OS) and HMI tools in addition to system integration support. This will greatly reduce the development burden, extending software support to a wide range of vehicles, from the premium class, which currently features the high-end 3D graphics experience, to entry-class vehicles where integrated systems and full graphics are expected to become mainstream.
- Suitable solution for large panel full graphics cluster system
- Performance and functions optimized for entry-level integrated cockpit systems
- Compatibility with previous products enables use of existing ecosystem and access to over 250* R-Car Consortium partners (*as of Oct, 2018)
- Large panel full graphics cluster systems
- Integrated cockpit systems