The HI5860SOICEVAL1 and HI5960SOICEVAL1 evaluation boards provide a quick and easy method for evaluating the HI5860 and HI5960 (12- or 14-bit), 125MSPS high speed DACs. The board is configured so that the converter outputs differential current into a transformer circuit to form an output voltage. The amount of current out of the DAC is determined by an external resistor and either an internal or external reference voltage. The CMOS digital inputs have optional external termination resistors. The evaluation board includes a VME digital interface that is compatible with all previous Renesas D/A converter evaluation boards.
- 125MSPS 12- or 14-Bit CMOS DAC
- Also can be used to evaluate the 8- and 10-bit versions, the HI5660 and HI5760
- Transformer-coupled or single-ended SMA outputs
- Easily selectable internal or external reference
- Cellular basestations
- WLL, basestation and subscriber units
- Medical/Test instrumentation
- Wireless communications systems
- Direct digital frequency synthesis
- High resolution imaging systems
- Arbitrary waveform generators
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.