The ISL6140/41EVAL1 evaluation board is used to evaluate the ISL6140 and ISL6141 8-pin, negative voltage hot plug/hot swap controllers. The ISL6140/41EVAL1 board set is made up of three boards: a bus board for input -48V power bus, control board for IC hot-plug functions and load board for load resistors and capacitors. The three board set allows the user to simulate plugging a board into a live edge connector or simulate plugging a live load into a motherboard.
The ISL6140 and ISL6141 hot swap/hot plug controllers allow a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. Inrush current is limited to a programmable value by controlling the gate voltage of an external N-channel pass transistor. The pass transistor is turned off if the input voltage is less than the undervoltage threshold, or greater than the overvoltage threshold.
- Low-side external NFET switch
- Programmable inrush current
- Programmable electronic circuit breaker (overcurrent shutdown)
- Programmable overvoltage protection
- Programmable undervoltage protection
- Power-good control output - PWRGD active low: (L version)
- VoIP (voice over internet protocol) servers
- Telecom systems at -48V
- Negative power supply control
- +24V wireless basestation power