The ISL85033 is a dual standard buck regulator capable of 3A per channel continuous output current. With an input range of 4.5V to 28V, it provides a high frequency power solution for a variety of point of load applications.
The PWM controller in the ISL85033 drives an internal switching N-Channel power MOSFET and requires an external Schottky diode to generate the output voltage. The integrated power switch is optimized for excellent thermal performance up to 3A of output current. The PWM regulator switches at a default frequency of 500kHz and it can be user programmed or synchronized from 300kHz to 2MHz. The ISL85033 utilizes peak current mode control to provide flexibility in component selection and minimize solution size. The protection features include overcurrent, UVLO and thermal overload protection.
The ISL85033 is available in a small 4mm x 4mm Thin Quad Flat No-Lead (TQFN) Pb-free package.
- Wide input voltage range from 4.5V to 28V
- Adjustable output voltage with continuous output current up to 3A
- Current mode control
- Adjustable switching frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- Independent power-good detection
- Selectable in-phase or out-of-phase PWM operation
- Independent, sequential, ratiometric or absolute tracking between outputs
- Internal 2ms soft-start time
- Overcurrent/short circuit protection, thermal overload protection, UVLO
- Boot undervoltage detection
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
- General purpose point-of-load DC/DC power conversion
- Set-top boxes
- FPGA power and STB power
- DVD and HDD drives
- LCD panels, TV power
- Cable modems