The ISL32600E, ISL32601E, ISL32602E, and ISL32603E are ±15kV IEC61000 ESD protected, micro-power, wide supply range transceivers for differential communication. The ISL32600E and ISL32601E operate with VCC ≥ 2.7V and have maximum supply currents as low as 100µA with both the transmitter (Tx) and receiver (Rx) enabled. The ISL32602E and ISL32603E operate with supply voltages as low as 1.8V. These transceivers have very low bus currents, so they present less than a 1/8 unit load to the bus. This allows more than 256 transmitters on the network without violating the RS-485 specification’s 32 unit load maximum.
The Rx inputs feature symmetrical switching thresholds and up to 65mV of hysteresis to improve noise immunity and to reduce duty cycle distortion in the presence of slow moving input signals. The Rx input common-mode range is the full -7V to +12V RS-485 range for supply voltages ≥ 3V.
Hot plug circuitry ensures that the Tx and Rx outputs remain in a high impedance state while the power supply stabilizes.
This transceiver family uses slew rate limited drivers, which reduce EMI, and minimize reflections from improperly terminated transmission lines or from unterminated stubs in multidrop and multipoint applications.
The ISL32600E and ISL32602E are configured for full duplex (separate Rx input and Tx output pins) applications. The ISL32601E and ISL32603E are half duplex versions that multiplex the Rx inputs and Tx outputs to allow transceivers with output disable functions in 8 Ld packages.
- Single 1.8V, 3V, or 3.3V supply
- Low supply currents
- ISL32601E: 100µA (maximum) at 3V
- ISL32603E: 150µA (maximum) at 1.8V
- Ultra low shutdown supply current: 10nA
- IEC61000 ESD protection on RS-485 I/O pins: ±15kV
- Class 3 ESD levels on all other pins: >8kV HBM
- Symmetrical switching thresholds for less duty cycle distortion
- Up to 65mV hysteresis for improved noise immunity
- Data rates from 128kbps to 460kbps
- Specified for +125°C operation
- 1/8 unit load allows up to 256 devices on the bus
- -7V to +12V common-mode input/output voltage range (VCC ≥ 3V)
- Half and full duplex pinouts; three state Rx and Tx outputs
- 5V tolerant logic inputs
- Tiny MSOP packages consume 50% less board space