The ISL32704EVAL1Z board enables the evaluation of the ISL32704E isolated, half-duplex RS-485 transceiver in a typical bus node application, used in isolated industrial networks.
The ISL32704E is a galvanically isolated, differential bus transceiver designed for bidirectional data transmission and meeting the RS-485 and RS-422 standards for balanced communication. Each of the bus terminals, A and B, is protected against ±15kV ESD strikes without latch-up.
The device uses giant magnetoresistance (GMR) as isolation technology. A unique ceramic/polymer composite barrier provides excellent isolation and virtually unlimited barrier life.
- Tiny isolated RS-485 transceiver
- Drive capability of up to 32 x 1UL-transceivers
- Isolated 3.3V to 5V DC/DC converter with regulated output
- Small total device footprint of 183mm2
- Factory automation
- Security networks
- Building environmental control systems
- Industrial/Process control networks
- Level translators (i.e., RS-232 to RS-485)