SQMlint is a tool to inspect C source codes according to MISRA C rules (Note1). Because SQMlint assists developers in source code review through automatic inspection, it helps to develop high-quality C source codes efficiently. Furthermore, because problem codes can be detected by only adding compile options, the user can correct problem codes as easily as when correcting compile errors.
[About MISRA C]
- MISRA C refers to the guidelines for the use of the C language in vehicle-based software that have been created by the Motor Industry Software Reliability Association (MISRA), a nonprofit organization for software reliability that was organized primarily by the automotive industry. These guidelines stipulate 127 rules relating to the program description in C language, which are referred to as MISRA C rules.
- "MISRA" and the triangle logo are registered trademarks of HORIBA MIRA Ltd, held on behalf of the MISRA Consortium.
The MISRA C rule checker is being supported with a compiler option by the following compilers professional editions.
- Compiler Package for RL78 Family (CC-RL)
- Compiler Package for RX Family (CC-RX)
- Compiler Package for RH850 Family (CC-RH)
Without buying a product separately, the MISRA C rule checker can be used.
Latest Ver.: V.1.03 Release 00B
Released: Oct 16, 2010
Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
- "C/C++ Compiler Package for the R8C and M16C Families 2011.04 " (released on 1 April, 2011) bundles MISRA C Rule Checker SQMlint V.1.03 Release 00C which is identical in functionality with V.1.03 Release 00B.
- When you run MISRA C Rule Checker SQMlint in combination with the C/C++ Compiler Package for H8SX, H8S, H8 Family V.7.00 or later, use SQMlint V.1.03 Release 00A or later.