This kit is equipped with the RX72N, the flagship of the 32-bit microcontroller RX Family. In addition to creating a GUI using an LCD, you can develop HMI features such as voice input and output, and develop IoT devices using Wi-Fi/BLE and Ethernet, all with one kit.
With the on-board pre-installed demo and emulator circuit, you can review the features and start MCU development immediately.
- Equipped with a 32-bit RX72N microcontroller (maximum operating frequency: 240 MHz, code flash memory: 4MB, internal RAM: 1MB)
- Includes a WQVGA LCD with a capacitive touch panel allowing GUI development using an LCD controller and a 2D drawing engine
- Provides a D2Audio audio IC with a stereo MEMS microphone to support voice input and output
- Supports communications such as Wi-Fi/BLE and Ethernet
- Extended storage available using Macronix's 32Mbit serial flash with USB and microSD slots
- Includes a variety of Renesas analog devices, such as light sensors, regulators, clock generators, hot-swap power management ICs and LCD backlight drivers
- Equipped with an onboard E2 Lite emulator
- The pre-installed demo includes source code, schematics, BOM, and more downloadable from this website
- RX72N users can use the emWin GUI software package provided by Segger at no cost.
- Download the free Eclipse-based development environment here
Two types of demo software using RX72N features are pre-installed
- Standard demo:
The standard included demo is a sports game called Eyecatcher, highlighting the type of display that can be developed using the free emWin GUI tool and RX72N LCD display functions.
- Benchmark demo:
A firmware update function is installed, and you can add features such as storage, cryptographic throughput, and AWS integration by updating to the latest firmware.
The pre-installed firmware update feature allows updates by writing this firmware to a microSD card.
In addition, the latest version of the firmware and source code are published on the following Github site.
Documentation can be downloaded below.
|Documentation and demo software||Description|
|Download the instruction manual for this kit.|
|Circuit diagram and bill of materials||Download the circuit diagram and bill of materials for this kit.|
|Declaration of conformity for CE logo||Declaration of conformity for the CE logo for Europe.|
Design Support Resources
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|On-Demand Training||Renesas Academy provides 24/7 on demand access to course modules on the latest product features and capabilities.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Tool Product Repair||How to request inspection and repair for tool products.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.