The ISL9301EVAL1Z is an evaluation board for the ISL9301 single-cell Li-ion battery charger. This tool provides a complete evaluation platform addressing all datasheet specifications and functionality. The jumpers on the board facilitate the programming of the charge current, different charging conditions, and can be used to make other necessary connections, such as current measurement.
The ISL9301 is an Li-ion battery charger with a power path management function. It uses separate power paths to supply the system load and charge the battery. This feature allows the system to immediately operate with a completely discharged battery and allows the charge to terminate when the battery is full while continuing to supply the system with the input source, thus minimizing unnecessary charge/discharge cycles and improving the battery life.
- Complete charger for single-cell Li-ion/polymer batteries
- Power path management to optimize charge and system currents
- Intelligent timeout interval based on actual charge current
- Integrated disconnect switch to disconnect the battery
- 30mV (target) voltage accuracy
- Programmable charge current
- Programmable end-of-charge current
- Charge current thermal foldback for thermal protection
- Trickle charge for fully discharged batteries
- 28V maximum voltage at VIN pin
- Power presence and charge indications
- Ambient temperature range: -40 °C to +85 °C
- 3mm x 3mm 10 Ld DFN package
- Mobile phones
- Bluetooth devices
- MP3 players
- Stand-alone chargers
- Other handheld devices
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.