The RAA210870 is a pin-strap configurable 70A step-down PMBus-compliant DC/DC power supply module that integrates a digital PWM controller, synchronous MOSFETs, power inductor, and passive components. Only input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design. Because of its thermally enhanced HDA packaging technology, the module can deliver up to 70A of continuous output current without the need for airflow or additional heat sinking. The RAA210870 uses ChargeModeTM control (ASCR) architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle.
The RTKA2108702H00000BU evaluation board is a 4. 7in x 4. 8in 8-layer FR4 board with 2oz. copper on all layers. This evaluation board comes with placeholders for pin-strap resistor population to adjust output voltage, switching frequency, soft-start/stop timing, input UVLO threshold, ASCR gain and residual parameters, and device PMBus address. Fault limits can be easily programmed or changed using a PMBus-compliant serial bus interface.
The optional ZLUSBEVAL3Z (USB to PMBus adapter) is provided with this evaluation board, which connects the evaluation board to a PC to activate the PMBus communication interface. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigatorTM evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows. The RTKA2108702H00000BU can operate in pin-strap mode without needing the ZLUSBEVAL3Z adapter or PMBus communication.
The PowerCompassTM tool helps you start your design in the right direction, giving you tools to find Renesas parts that match your requirements, set up multiple rails if needed, perform high-level system analysis and generate reference design files.
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, VOUT adjustable from 0.6V to 2.5V
- Programmable VOUT, input and output UVP/OVP, OTP/UTP, soft-start/stop, and external synchronization
- Monitor: VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, switching frequency, and faults
- ChargeMode control tunable with PMBus
- Mechanical switch for enable and power-good LED indicator
- Server, telecom, storage, and datacom, Industrial/ATE and networking equipment, General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP, and memory