The ISL78236DUALEVAL1Z kit is intended for use by individuals with requirements for point-of-load (POL) applications sourcing from 2.85V to 6V. The ISL78236DUALEVAL1Z evaluation board is used to demonstrate the performance of the ISL78236 low quiescent current mode converter. The evaluation board is configured to deliver up to 3A of output current on each of the two output channels.
The ISL78236 is offered in a 4mm x 4mm 24 Ld QFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 5.46cm2 area. Additionally, the ISL78236 is AEC-Q100 qualified and is rated for the automotive temperature range (-40 °C to +105 °C).
- Dual 3A high-efficiency synchronous buck regulator with up to 95% efficiency
- 180° out-of-phase channel switching
- 2% output accuracy over temperature/load/line
- Internal digital soft-start - 1.5ms
- Soft-stop output discharge during disable
- Typical 8μA shutdown current
- 100% maximum duty cycle for lowest dropout
- Internal current mode compensation
- Peak current limiting, hiccup mode short circuit protection and over-temperature protection
- Negative current detection and protection
- DSP and embedded processor power supply
- Infotainment system power
- Automotive point-of-load power