The ISL70003ASEH is an improved version of the ISL70003SEH regulator with both tighter load regulation (<0.3% typical) and a higher output current rating of 9A. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.0V to 13.2V with integrated low rDS(ON) MOSFETs makes this monolithic solution highly efficient. Also, a tightly regulated output voltage is possible, which is externally adjustable from 0.6V to ~90% of the input voltage. Continuous output load current capability is 9A for TJ ≤+125°C and 6A for TJ ≤+150°C.
The ISL70003ASEH uses voltage mode control architecture with feed-forward and switches at a selectable frequency of 500kHz or 300kHz. Loop compensation is externally adjustable to allow for an optimum balance between stability and output dynamic performance.
The device features two logic-level disable inputs that can be used to inhibit pulses on the phase (LXx) pins to maximize efficiency based on the load current. The ISL70003ASEH also supports DDR applications and contains a buffer amplifier for generating the VREF voltage.
High integration, best-in-class radiation performance and a feature-filled design make the ISL70003ASEH an ideal choice to power many of today’s small form-factor applications.
- Acceptance tested to 50krad(Si) (LDR) wafer-by-wafer
- ±1% reference voltage over line, temperature, and radiation
- Integrated MOSFETs 31mΩ PFET/21mΩ NFET
- 95% peak efficiency
- Externally adjustable loop compensation
- Supports DDR applications (VTT tracks VDDQ/2)
- Buffer amplifier for generating VREF voltage
- 3A current sinking capability
- Grounded lid eliminates charge build up
- IMON pin for output current monitoring
- Adjustable analog soft-start
- Diode emulation for increased efficiency at light loads
- 500kHz or 300kHz operating frequency
- Monotonic start-up into prebiased load
- Full military temperature range operation
- TA = -55°C to +125°C
- TJ = -55°C to +150°C
- Radiation tolerance
- High dose rate (50-300rad(Si)/s): 100krad(Si)
- Low dose rate (0.01rad(Si)/s): 100krad(Si)*
* Limit established by characterization.
- SEE hardness
- SEB and SEL LETTH: 86.4MeV•cm2/mg
- SET at LET 86.4MeV•cm2/mg: < ±3% ΔVOUT
- SEFI LETTH: 60MeV•cm2/mg
- Electrically screened to DLA SMD 5962-14203