Switch between two operation levels of suction power, high or low, with the Handy Vacuum Cleaner featuring the Renesas RL78/G1F microcontroller and ISL94202 Li-ion battery monitor IC.
This Handy Vacuum Cleaner reference design enables switching between two operation levels of suction power: high or low. The sensorless 3-phase BLDC motor is rotated at high speed to provide the appropriate strength of suction for each level. The battery-driven, cordless operation makes vacuuming with one hand a breeze!
This solution features the RL78/G1F which comes with a built-in programmable gain amplifier (PGA), comparator (CMP0), and pulse width modulation (PWM) option unit A (PWMOPA) for overcurrent detection and PWM output-forced cutoff control. With 120-degree conducting control, the 4-input selectable comparator and motor control auxiliary timer can achieve sensorless rotor position detection even when the motor is stopped or rotating at high-speeds exceeding the maximum 50,000rpm.
The ISL94202 Li-ion battery monitor IC's power management provides battery charge and discharge control, current and voltage monitoring, and battery balance control.
- Minimum instruction execution time: Can be changed from high speed (0.03125μs at 32MHz operation with highspeed on-chip oscillator) to ultra-low speed (30.5μs at 32.768kHz operation with subsystem clock)
- General-purpose registers: (8-bit register × 8) × 4 banks
- ROM: 64KB, RAM: 5.5KB, data flash: 4KB
- Selectable high-speed on-chip oscillator clock: 64/48/32/24/16/12/8/6/4/3/2/1 MHz (TYP.)
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip selectable power-on-reset (POR) circuit
- On-chip voltage detector (LVD)
- On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the dedicated low-speed on-chip oscillator)
- On-chip key interrupt function: 6 key interrupt input pins
- On-chip clock output/buzzer output controller
- On-chip BCD (binary-coded decimal) correction circuit
- I/O port: 44
- 16-bit timer: 9 channels
- 12-bit interval timer: 1 channel
- Serial interface
- CSI: 5 channels
- UART: 3 channels
- Simplified I2C communication: 5 channels
- Multi-master I2C communication: 1 channel
- 8/10-bit resolution A/D converter: 17 channels
- 8/10-bit resolution D/A converter: 2 channels
- Comparator: 2 channels
- PGA: 1 channel
- Data transfer controller (DTC)
- Event link controller (ELC)
- Standby function: HALT mode or STOP mode or SNOOZE mode
- Power supply voltage: VDD = 1.6V to 5.5V
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 °C to +85 °C
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.