The EK-RA4M1 evaluation kit enables users to effortlessly evaluate the features of the RA4M1 MCU Group and develop embedded systems applications using Renesas' Flexible Software Package (FSP) and various IDEs.
MCU Native Pin Access
- R7FA4M1AB3CFP MCU
- 48MHz, Arm Cortex®-M4 core
- 256kB Code Flash, 32kB SRAM
- 100 pins, LQFP package
- Native pin access through 4x 40-pin male headers
- MCU current measurement points
Ecosystem & System Control Access
- USB Full Speed device
- 5V input through USB debug
- Debug on-board (Segger J-Link®)
- Debug in (SWD and JTAG)
- Two Digilent PmodTM (SPI and UART)
- User LED
- Mechanical user button
- Capacitive user button
- MCU boot configuration jumper
- EK-RA4M1 board
- Micro USB device cable (type-A male to micro-B male)
Running the Quick Start Example Project
- The EK-RA4M1 board comes pre-programmed with a Quick Start example project.
- Power up the EK-RA4M1 board through the USB debug port (J11) using the micro USB device cable connected to a 5V power source. The green power LED will light up.
- The Quick Start example project will begin to execute blinking the red user LED.
- Refer to the EK-RA4M1 Quick Start Guide to explore additional functionality of the Quick Start example project.
Developing Embedded Applications
- Modifying the Quick Start example projects – Refer to the EK-RA4M1 Quick Start Guide for instructions on importing, modifying and building the Quick Start example project.
- Start with one of the many other example projects – Choose from many example projects to learn about different peripherals of the RA4M1 MCU group. These example projects can serve as an excellent starting points for you to develop your custom applications.
Building Custom Hardware
- Start by building a functional prototype - Utilize the EK-RA4M1 board with your choice of ecosystem add-ons.
- Build custom hardware – Develop custom hardware by referring to the design and manufacturing information provided in the EK-RA4M1 design package.
The EK-RA4M1 kit meets the following certifications/standards. Refer to the EK-RA4M1 user manual for the disclaimer, precautions and more details on the certifications.
- FCC Notice (Class A) – Part 15
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada ICES-003 Compliance: CAN ICES-3 (A)/NMB-3(A)
- CE Class A (EMC Directive 2004/108/EEC)
- Taiwan Chinese National Standard 13438, C6357 compliance, Class A limits
- Australia/New Zealand AS/NZS CISPR 32:2015, Class A
Material Selection, Waste, Recycling, and Disposal Standards
- EU RoHS
- China SJ/T 113642014, 10-year environmental protection use period
- UL 94V-0
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
|RTK7EKA4M1S00001BU||Mass Production||Renesas||call||1||Evaluation Kit for RA4M1 MCU Group||7||Digi-Key|
Note :Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.