The ZMOD4510 Gas Sensor Module is designed for monitoring outdoor air quality (OAQ) and the measurement of outdoor relevant gases ozone and nitrogen oxide. It is a 12-pin LGA assembly (3.0 x 3.0 x 0.7 mm) that consists of a gas sense element and a CMOS signal conditioning IC. The module’s sense element consists of a heater element on a Si-based MEMS structure and a metal oxide (MOx) chemiresistor. The signal conditioner controls the sensor temperature and measures the MOx conductivity, which is a function of the outdoor air concentration.
The measurement results can be read via an I2C interface with the user’s microprocessor, which processes the data to determine an Outdoor Air Quality Rating defined by the US Environmental Protection Agency. Downloadable firmware libraries and source code provided by Renesas enables detection of OAQ Rating and supports smart devices implementation. The ZMOD4510 is ideal for outdoor air quality applications such as smart home building controls and other smart personal devices.
- Measurement of total outdoor air quality (OAQ)
- Additional waterproof package available supporting IP67 rating (ZMOD4510AI3V and ZMOD4510AI3R)
- I2C interface: up to 400kHz
- Configurable alarm/interrupt output with static and adaptive levels
- Adjustable ADC resolution for optimal speed versus resolution: 16-bit maximum
- External reset pin (active-LOW)
- Siloxane resistant