The ISL9105 includes a pair of low ON-resistance P-Channel and N-Channel internal MOSFETs to maximize efficiency and minimize external component count. 100% duty-cycle operation allows less than 200mV dropout voltage at 600mA output current.
The ISL9105 offers a typical 216ms Power-On-Reset (POR) timer at power-up. The timer output can be reset by RSI. When shutdown, ISL9105 discharges the output capacitor. Other features include internal digital soft-start, enable for power sequence, overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown.
The ISL9105 is offered in a 2mmx3mm 8 Ld DFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 1cm2 area.
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Regulator with up to 95% Efficiency
- Selectable Forced PWM Mode and SKIP Mode
- 25µA Quiescent Supply Current in SKIP Mode
- 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 216ms POR Timer
- 3% Output Accuracy Over Temperature/Line/Load
- 600mA Guaranteed Output Current
- Less than 1µA Logic Controlled Shutdown Current
- 100% Maximum Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Discharge Output Capacitor when Shutdown
- Internal Loop Compensation
- Internal Digital Soft-Start
- Peak Current Limit Protection, Short Circuit Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Small 8 Ld 2mmx3mm DFN
- Pb-free (RoHS Compliant)
Design Resources and Tools