The ISL8016 integrates a pair of low ON-resistance P-Channel and N-Channel internal MOSFETs to maximize efficiency and minimize external component count. 100%
duty-cycle operation allows less than 200mV dropout at 6A output current. Adjustable frequency and synchronization allow the ISL8016 to be used in applications requiring low noise. Paralleling capability with phase interleaving allows the IC to support >6A output current while offering reduced input and output noise.
The ISL8016 can be configured for discontinuous or forced continuous operation at light load. Forced continuous operation reduces noise and RF interference while discontinuous mode provides high efficiency by reducing switching losses at light loads.
The ISL8016 is offered in a space saving 20 Ld 3x4 QFN lead free package with exposed pad lead frames for excellent thermal performance. The complete converter occupies less than 0.15in2 area.
Various fixed output voltages are available upon request.
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Regulator with up to 97% Efficiency
- 1% Reference Accuracy Over-Temperature/Load/Line
- Fixed Output Voltage Option
- ±10% Output Voltage Margining
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Current Sharing Capable
- Start-up with Pre-Biased Output
- Internal Soft-Start - 1ms or Adjustable, Internal/External Compensation
- Soft-Stop Output Discharge During Disabled
- Adjustable Frequency from 500kHz to 4MHz - Default at 1MHz
- External Synchronization up to 4MHz - Master to Slave Phase Shifting Capability
- Peak current limiting, Hiccup Mode Short Circuit Protection and Over-Temperature Protection
Design Resources and Tools