The ISL8013 integrates a pair of low ON-resistance P-Channel and N-Channel internal MOSFETs to maximize efficiency and minimize external component count. The 100% duty-cycle operation allows less than 300mV dropout voltage at 3A output current. High 1MHz pulse-width modulation (PWM) switching frequency allows the use of small external components and SYNC input enables multiple ICs to synchronize out of phase to reduce ripple and eliminate beat frequencies.
The ISL8013 can be configured for discontinuous or forced continuous operation at light load. Forced continuous operation reduces noise and RF interference while discontinuous mode provides high efficiency by reducing switching losses at light loads.
Fault protection is provided by internal hiccup mode current limiting during short circuit and overcurrent conditions, an output over voltage comparator and over-temperature monitor circuit. A power good output voltage monitor indicates when the output is in regulation.
The ISL8013 is offered in a space saving 4x4 QFN lead free package with exposed pad lead frames for low thermal resistance.
The ISL8013 includes a pair of low ON-resistance P-Channel and N-Channel internal MOSFETs to maximize efficiency and minimize external component count. The 100% duty-cycle operation allows less than 300mV dropout voltage at 3A.
The ISL8013 offers a 1ms Power Good (PG) timer at power-up. When shutdown, ISL8013 discharges the output capacitor. Other features include internal soft-start, internal compensation, overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown.
The ISL8013 is offered in a 4mmx4mm 16 Ld QFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 0.4in2 area.
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Regulator with up to 97% Efficiency
- Power-Good (PG) Output with a 1ms Delay
- 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 3% Output Accuracy Over-Temperature/Load/Line
- 3A Output Current
- Start-Up with Pre-Biased Output
- Internal Soft-Start - 1ms
- Soft-Stop Output Discharge During Disabled
- 35µA Quiescent Supply Current in PFM Mode
- Selectable Forced PWM Mode and PFM Mode
- External Synchronization up to 4MHz
- Less than 1µA Logic Controlled Shutdown Current
- 100% Maximum Duty Cycle
- Internal Current Mode Compensation
- Peak Current Limiting and Hiccup Mode Short Circuit Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Small 16 Ld 4mmx4mm QFN
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
Design Resources and Tools