The ISL6594D drives both upper and lower gates over a range of 4.5V to 13.2V. This drive-voltage provides the flexibility necessary to optimize applications involving trade-offs between gate charge and conduction losses.
An advanced adaptive zero shoot-through protection is integrated to prevent both the upper and lower MOSFETs from conducting simultaneously and to minimize the dead time. The ISL6594D includes an overvoltage protection feature operational before VCC exceeds its turn-on threshold, at which the PHASE node is connected to the gate of the low side MOSFET (LGATE). The output voltage of the converter is then limited by the threshold of the low side MOSFET, which provides some protection to the microprocessor if the upper MOSFET(s) is shorted.
The ISL6594D also features an input that recognizes a high-impedance state, working together with Intersil multiphase PWM controllers to prevent negative transients on the controlled output voltage when operation is suspended. This feature eliminates the need for the Schottky diode that may be utilized in a power system to protect the load from negative output voltage damage.
- Dual MOSFET Drives for Synchronous Rectified Bridge
- Pin-to-pin Compatible with ISL6596
- Advanced Adaptive Zero Shoot-Through Protection
- Body Diode Detection
- Auto-zero of rDS(ON) Conduction Offset Effect
- Adjustable Gate Voltage for Optimal Efficiency
- 36V Internal Bootstrap Schottky Diode
- Bootstrap Capacitor Overcharging Prevention
- Supports High Switching Frequency (up to 2MHz)
- 3A Sinking Current Capability
- Fast Rise/Fall Times and Low Propagation Delays
- Optimized for 3.3V PWM Input
- Three-State PWM Input for Output Stage Shutdown
- Three-State PWM Input Hysteresis for Applications With Power Sequencing Requirement
- Pre-POR Overvoltage Protection
- VCC Undervoltage Protection
- Expandable Bottom Copper Pad for Enhanced Heat Sinking
- Dual Flat No-Lead (DFN) Package
- Near Chip-Scale Package Footprint; Improves PCB Efficiency and Thinner in Profile
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)