The ISL78113A is a fully integrated, internally compensated, synchronous converter optimized to maximize efficiency and reduce the overall solution size and bill of materials. Its high 2MHz switching frequency allows the use of tiny, low-profile inductors and chip capacitors. It also eliminates potential interference within the AM radio band and the external EMI filtering needed for converters switching at lower rates. To minimize power consumption while off, the device features an ultra-low current shutdown mode dropping quiescent current to 50nA typical.
ISL78113A is supplied in an 8 Ld DFN package. The device is rated to operate over the temperature range of -40°C to +105°C.
- Output disconnect during shutdown preventing output precharging and uncontrolled short-circuit current
- Input voltage range: 0.8V to 4.7V
- Output current: Up to 500mA (VBAT = 3V, VOUT = 5V)
- Logic control shutdown (IQ < 1µA)
- 2MHz switching frequency
- Up to 95% efficiency at typical operating conditions
- Fault protection: OVP, OCP, OTP, UVLO
- 2mmx2mm 8 Ld DFN package
- Qualified for automotive operations
Design Resources and Tools