The P9035A LV DEMO evaluation board serves to demonstrate the features and performance of the P9035A wireless power charging solution for base station with 5V input voltage and Tx-A11 coil transmitter. The design allows detailed signal inspection of different nodes using various testing points. The evaluation module is a stand-alone application; all it needs is a 5V/1.2A DC power adapter and a WPC certified power receiver.
Optionally the EVM’s activity can be monitored by I2C communication and GUI (graphical user interface) software through a USB cabled JM60 dongle board, which interfaces the EVM to the computer. The MAIN tab of the software tool provides real time plots of coil current, PWM frequency, and duty cycle, including different states of the microcontroller and FOD (foreign object detection). The evaluation board utilizes an external EEPROM which contains Tx firmware to enable programmability. The external EEPROM memory chip is pre-programmed with a standard start-up program that is automatically loaded when 5V power is applied. The EEPROM can be reprogrammed to suit the needs of specific applications using the P9035A software tool.
- Input voltage range: 4.75V ~ 5.25V
- Output power: peak power up to 5W
- With 5V/1.2A input adapter, peak power delivered at receiver end is greater than 4W
- Peak Efficiency (DC in to DC out): 72%
- Status indication LEDs and buzzer
- System monitoring function enabled by firmware and GUI software
- Easy firmware update via USB and I2C