Medium-class vehicles that are popular globally are equipped with in-vehicle computers in a variety of forms, combinations of which are used to build systems suitable for a given region or grade of vehicle. Compared to the previously released R-Car H3, the functionality and capabilities of the R-Car M3 have been optimized so that it can be used for a wide variety of purposes. Automotive manufacturers and part manufacturers can use the R-Car M3 in a wide variety of automotive computing devices according to their requirements. The R-Car M3 is fully software-compatible with the R-Car H3, so existing software resources can be used effectively.
The R-Car M3 is available as a standalone chip and also as a system-in-package (SiP) module already mounted with DDR memory. The difficulty of designing a connection is increasing due to faster connection speeds between an SoC and DDR memory, or an increasing number of connection signals. The R-Car M3 SiP module offered by Renesas helps alleviate this design burden.
- Compliant with ISO 26262 (ASIL-B) functionality safety standard for automotive
- Optimized functions and performance enable use in a wide range of applications
- Availability of SIP modules with external memory to reduce the design workload
- Compatibility with previous products enables use of the existing ecosystem and access to over 180 R-Car Consortium partners
- Medium-class automotive computing systems