The 89EBPES24T6G2 Evaluation Board (also referred to as EB24T6G2) provides an evaluation platform for the PES24T6G2 switch, and is also applicable to the 89PES16T4AG2.. It is a cost effective way to add PCIe ports (slots) to an existing system with limited number of PCIe ports/slots. The EB24T6G2 board is designed to function as anadd-on card to be plugged into a x8 PCIe slot available on a motherboard hosting an appropriate root complex and microprocessor(s). The EB24T6G2 is a vehicle to test and evaluate the functionality of the PES24T6G2 switch. Customers can use this board to get a headstart on software development prior to the arrival of their own hardware. The EB24T6G2 is also used by Renesas to reproduce E13system-level hardware or software issues reported by customers.
- PES24T6G2 PCIe 6 port switch
- Upstream, Downstream Port
- Numerous user selectable configurations set using onboard jumpers and DIP-switchesSMBUS Slave Interface (4 pin header)
- SMBUS Master Interface connected to the Serial EEPROMs through I/O expander
- “Attention” button for each downstream port to initiate a hot swap event on each port
- Four pin connector for optional external power supply
- Push button for Warm Reset
- Several LEDs to display status, reset, power, “Attention”, etc.
- One 10-pin JTAG connector (pitch 2.54 mm x 2.54 mm)
- Installation programs
- GUI based application for Windows and Linux