DSP Library is a software library that implements numeric operation function used in Digital Signal Processors (DSP) with general purpose MCUs. This software library is suitable when using general purpose MCUs and you want to add DSP features other than conventional system control functions.
In addition to the functionality of general purpose MCU, Renesas MCUs support DSP function instructions with a focus on multiplication and accumulation functions. We offer a high performance software library that is able to realize the DSP function without having to know the details of these instructions.
|Version||Description of Revision||Download|
|V.4.1||For RXv2 CPU products (For the detailed information about RX Microcontrollers)
MCU with the former RXv1 CPU is not available
|CC-RX/||RX Family DSP Library version 4.1 (CC-RX)|
|V.4.0||For RXv2 CPU products (For the detailed information about RX Microcontrollers)
MCU with the former RXv1 CPU is not available
|GNU/||RX Family DSP Library version 4.0 (GNU) for e2 studio|
|V.3.0||For RXv1 CPU products
When using an RX-family MCU with the former RXv1 CPU, use version 3.0 of the DSP library.
Learn More (Tool News) >>
|CC-RX/||RX Family DSP Library version 3.0 (CCRX) for e2 studio|
|CC-RX/||RX Family DSP Library version 3.0 (CCRX) for High-performance Embedded Workshop|
|GNU/||RX Family DSP Library version 3.0 (GNU) for e2 studio|
Rich Data Type Support
- Complex FFT case:
- int32_t R_DSP_FFT_<intype> <outtype>(r_dsp_fft_t * handle, .. ), where <intype> and <outtype> are the following combinations.
|ci16||ci16 or ci32|
ci16: complex data type of integer 16-bit data | ci32: complex data type of integer 32-bit data
Fine-grained Option Support
- Complex FFT R_DSP_FFT_ci16ci16 case:
- scaling: division by 2 at the output of every stage of the FFT, or every other stage, or no scaling
- coefficients: 16-bit or 32-bit
Fast Development Time
The libraries are fully optimized in assembly code and fully debugged. You don't need to learn new debug tools or techniques for your MCU. You can focus on fine tuning your filter results rather than the filter code itself, resulting in fast development time.
With this DSP library, we support function group to perform abundant features shown below. We also support various combinations of input and out put data for each function. By these, we meet a variety of customers' needs.
- DSP library
- Sample programs (project for IDE)
- User’s Manual (Explain detail API)
- Application Note (Describe how to install the library)
Related Application Notes
- SH2A and RX Families Signal Processing Library Application Note
- DSP library supports general DSP functions and both fixed and floating point. This library is an application specific version of DSP library supporting only floating point. In addition to primitive DSP functions such as FIR, IIR and FFT, this library also supports concatenated Decimation FIR filters.
- RX Family M3S-FIXMATH-LIB: RX Family Fixed-point Library
- This library provides real-number operations using fixed-point format for RX Family. Fixed-point format represents a real number by assuming a decimal point at some fixed bit position
|Integrated Development Environment||Remark|
|e2 studio||CC-RX Compiler|
|GNU C Compiler|
|CS+||C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family (including CS+)|
|High-performance Embedded Workshop1||C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family (including High-performance Embedded Workshop)|
1. CS+ can open a project file of High-performance Embedded Workshop.
The supporting development tools differ depending on the versions of DSP Library. For details of the supporting development tools, see each application note.
DSP Library is provided free-of-charge to Renesas MCU customers.
Please refer to the Release Information
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.