The RX111 is the perfect 32-bit MCU for any wireless implementation. With enhanced digital-signal processing (DSP) capabilities and performance up to 50 DMIPs it has the performance needed for Cloud-based Wi-Fi applications, but with efficient, True Low Power (100uA/MHz) operation and ultra-low power standby modes (as low as 350 nA) it can also maximize battery life in battery-powered BLE and Low-Power Wide Area (LPWA) wireless applications.
What is the RX111 Cloud Connectivity Kit?
The fast, easy way to develop embedded IoT systems with robust Wi-Fi and Smart Home capabilities.
The Renesas Wi-Fi Cloud Connectivity Kit for the RX111(YWIRELESS-RX111) provides a powerful platform for evaluating IoT applications on the RX111 microcontroller. The RX111 Wi-Fi Cloud Connectivity Kit is ideal for sensor and node-based IoT soluations requiring Wi-Fi, with easy set-up and configuration using the Micrium® Spectrum™ pre-integrated portfolio of embedded software and their protocol stacks designed for IoT applications, Micrium's µC/Probe™ graphic visualization tool, and Medium One's cloud-based platform with data intelligence.
To Learn More: www.renesas.com/ywireless
What are the RX111-based Symphony LoRa®-based modules from Link Labs?
Based in Annapolis, Maryland, Link Labs is a leading innovator in low power, wide-area network technologies that power the Internet of Things (IoT). Link Labs’ patented Symphony Link technology provides secure connectivity for IoT devices. As a founding member of the LoRa Alliance™, Link Labs introduced the first FCC-certified production LoRa products into the market. Link Labs’ Symphony Link powered by the RX111 offers best-in-class long range, low power connectivity.
Link Labs excels in taking a concept from initial hardware design all the way through the delivery of a commercial product and has done so for dozens of enterprises around the world. Symphony Link powers a range of IoT applications across many industries, including smart cities, agriculture, building controls, automotive, healthcare, government, defense, retail, and utilities.
- Low Power, Wide Area (LPWA) Wireless Solutions are Ideal for applications needing:
- Long battery life (5+ years)
- Long range (3-5 km outdoors)
- Low data volume applications (under 1,000 bytes/day)
- Low cost modem hardware (around $20 in volume)
- Other wireless all have performance, battery usage, and/or cost barriers.
- Bluetooth—low cost, short range, good battery life
- ZigBee—low/medium cost, medium range, good battery life, expensive network infrastructure
- WiFi—low/medium cost, medium range, medium battery life, expensive network infrastructure
- Cellular M2M—high cost, medium/long range, poor battery life, expensive network infrastructure
- Smart Cities
- Parking meter, street lights, gas and water meters, demand response, etc
- Smart Agriculture
- Soil moisture, livestock tracking, tank levels, weather stations, asset tracking
- Building Management
- lighting, occupancy sensing, HVAC, leak sensors, energy usage
- Security systems
- Alarms, locks, security lighting, occupancy sensing
- Location Tracking Systems
- Wander management, asset tracking, pet management