The ISL97691 provides 4 channels of current with 2 independent analog dimming controls and 2 independent PWM dimming controls. Channels 1 and 2 form one channel group and channels 3 and 4 form the other channel group. Each channel group’s analog dimming is controlled through 1-Wire communication with 6-bit resolution and each channel group’s PWM dimming is controlled by a separate PWM input. This unique setup allows 2D or 3D application where independent and dynamic channel control of LED peak current and PWM dimming duty cycle are possible. The ISL97691 employs adaptive boost architecture that allows ultra low dimming duty cycle as low as 0.005% at 100Hz dimming frequency.
The driver features dynamic headroom control that monitors the highest LED forward voltage string and uses its feedback signal for the minimum output regulation.
The ISL97691 incorporates extensive protection functions including string open and short circuit detections, OVP, and OTP. The switching frequency can be adjusted from 400kHz to 1.5MHz. The device is offered in a 16 Ld TQFN 3x3mm package and can operate in ambient temperature from -40°C to +85°C.
- 2.4V minimum input voltage, no need for higher voltage supplies
- 4 x 60mA (Note 1) and 4 x 40mA (Note 2) LED current
- 2 groups of independent analog and pwm current controls
- 1-wire interfaces for 6-bit analog dimming
- PWM inputs for PWM dimming
- 0.005% minimum PWM dimming duty cycle at 100Hz
- Low 0.8mA quiescent current
- ±2.5% current matching
- Adjustable switching frequency from 400kHz to 1.5MHz
- Fault protection
- OVP, OTP, channel open/short circuit protections
1. Not exceeding 30% of the frame rate (1/tFRAME), with VIN > 2.7V and TA < +55°C
2. VIN > 2.7V