Visit Booth #421 to Explore the Next Generation of Medical Device Solutions with Renesas and Partners – DeviceLab, HWI, and MedM
SANTA CLARA, Calif., December 4, 2017 – Renesas Electronics America Inc., a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced it will highlight design innovation for the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) at BIOMEDevice 2017. At booth #421, the company will showcase a variety of connected medical device technologies that enable device manufacturers to reduce design risk and accelerate time to market, enabling the creation of end-to-end connected healthcare and medical products. BIOMEDevice takes place on December 6-7, 2017, at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, California.
At booth #421, Renesas Electronics America, along with partners DeviceLab, HWI, and MedM, will share insights on solutions and techniques that allow IoMT system developers to take their devices from prototype to market quickly and effectively.
- In-Transit Medication Management (ITMM) Solution: With the introduction of biologic-based drugs, expansion of the international drug trade, and new regulations (Drug Supply Chain Security Act – DSCSA) requiring stricter oversight of drugs during transportation, the pharma supply chain will need to be monitored closely in the future. During the show, Renesas will display its Renesas ITMM Reference Solution, which showcases the Renesas Synergy™ Platform featuring the Synergy S3 and RL78/G1D microcontrollers (MCUs). The solution enables data logger manufacturers to achieve quick time to market by having:
- Multiple sensors that can track temperature, humidity, GPS location, tampering, shock and pressure
- Mobile capabilities that allow users to scan the NFC tag, linear, or 2D barcode on a medicine package to help identify the medicine being tracked
- Secure, reliable and low power method for communicating to the mobile device
- Personal Medication Adherence (PMA) Solutions: The advent of the IoMT has brought various technologies to the forefront that, when applied to PMA devices, can help resolve some of the issues we currently face due to medication non-adherence. Featuring the Synergy Platform, Renesas will demonstrate how PMA solutions can:
- Verify, remind, log & report medicine usage
- Track medicine environmental exposure
- Enable caregivers, doctors or pharmacists to engage with the patient
- DeviceLab Apollo™ IoT Hospital Bed: Named after the mythological Greek god of healing and medicine, the Apollo platform is DeviceLab’s solution to address numerous medical industry needs, including rapid development time, longevity in product lifecycle, RTOS certification for safety-critical applications, and robust processing capability. Featuring a full-size translucent mannequin on a custom-designed examination table, Apollo™ is integrated in the internal structure of the patient bed, simulating monitors, device controls and touchscreen color displays and other medical applications. Apollo features several Renesas solutions to accomplish the platform’s objectives, including Renesas RZ microprocessors, and Synergy S7 and S3 MCUs. Renesas technologies are integrated in the Apollo™ designs with various wireless interfaces for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular.
- HWI NICE1 Cold + Compression System: Advanced cold and compression therapies have proven successful for physical rehabilitation environments. The HWI NICE1 Cold + Compression System offers an option for athletes who are also exploring solutions that deliver precise cold therapy quickly and efficiency to stimulate healing. The system circulates cool water in a medical compression sleeve, which:
- Regulates water temperature
- Controls compression pressure and time of therapy
The HWI system leverages the Renesas RX63N MCU with Direct Drive LCD platform, graphics API for easy graphics importing, and medical software lifecycle process management.
- MedM Remote Patient Monitoring Platform: MedM’s Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) Platform enables medical device manufacturers to design end-to-end solutions allowing healthcare professionals to monitor patients’ vitals outside of the clinical setting. To achieve a quick path from prototype to productization, the MedM platform leverages the Renesas Healthcare Meters kit featuring the Synergy S3 and RL78/G1D MCUs. The BIOMEDevice demonstration will showcase:
- Activity monitoring, BGM, BPM and SpO2/HRM monitoring
- Mobile app and cloud-based access to patient vitals data
- Cloud connectivity via mobile device or MedM gateway
For more information about Renesas’ Medical Device Solutions, stop by booth #421 at BIOMEDevice 2017.
About Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Renesas Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live—securely and safely. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products and integrated platforms, Renesas provides the expertise, quality, and comprehensive solutions for a broad range of Automotive, Industrial, Home Electronics (HE), Office Automation (OA) and Information Communication Technology (ICT) applications to help shape a limitless future. Learn more at renesas.com.
(Remarks) EtherCAT is registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany. PROFINET is a registered trademark of PROFIBUS and PROFINET International (PI). Sercos is a registered trademark of Sercos International e.V. CANopen is a registered trademark from CAN in Automation e.V. EtherNet/IP is a trademark of ODVA, Inc. Ethernet POWERLINK is the registered trademark of Ethernet POWERLINK Standardization Group (EPSG). Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All rights reserved. IAR Embedded Workbench and IAR Systems are registered trademarks of IAR Systems, Inc. LINUX is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. ThreadX is a registered trademark of Express Logic, Inc. CODESYS is a registered trademark of 3S-Smart. All registered trademarks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.