Visit Booth #1507 for Renesas' Latest Technology Demonstrations and Theater Presentations; See Medical Solutions in Booth #1626
19 Mar 2012
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 19, 2012 - Renesas Electronics America Inc. will showcase its embedded semiconductor technologies at DESIGN West, formerly the Embedded Systems ConferenceSilicon Valley, March 27-29, at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Calif. Demonstrations in booths #1507 and #1626 will highlight the company's signal chain solutions designed to enable a Smart Society. These include microcontroller (MCU)-based solutions optimized for applications such as home healthcare, smart energy, as well as industrial and wireless connectivity (Cloud).
Renesas Product and Technology Demonstrations
- Smart Home Solutions: including a next-generation smart thermostat with wireless communication capabilities powered by the low-power RL78 MCU combines humidity, light and motion sensors to make the system a smart controller for a more energy efficient house.
- RX Solutions: Experience the Core Difference of Renesas RX MCUs. Low-power and Wi-Fi connectivity will be demonstrated while interfacing to a number of environmental sensors. Visitors can view the features via a connected laptop running Renesas’ Eclipse IDE.
- Energy Harvesting: See true low power RL78 MCU solutions powered by lemons.
- Home and commercial healthcare products supporting the Continua software to enable patient/doctor information exchange. Demonstrations include battery-powered applications as well as systems that enable fast data transfer and connectivity. A Renesas ANT+ demo pairs a low-power RL78 with an ANT+ radio module, showcasing the advantages of this low-power combination for portable healthcare devices that help patients track and manage fitness and personal health more effectively.
- Displays from NLT Technologies, Ltd.: Showcasing four LCD modules from our extensive line up of LCD products designed for use in industrial and medical equipment – two of the featured displays incorporate factory installed touch panels.
Renesas Booth Theater Presentations
In addition to the demonstrations, Renesas Electronics America will host a series of presentations in its booth every half hour during show hours throughout the week, including highlights on its RL78, RX MCU family, analog and power solution kits, and ecosystem partner solutions.
About Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Renesas Electronics America Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers and a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions, and a broad range of analog and power devices. In the Americas, Renesas Electronics America markets and sells industrial-type active-matrix LCD modules from NEC LCD Technologies, Ltd., a global leader in innovative display technologies. More information about the products offered by Renesas Electronics America can be found at www.renesas.com.
*Source: Gartner "Market Share: Semiconductor Devices, Worldwide, 2010" March 2011
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.