Embedded artificial intelligence (AI) is paving the way towards a safer, healthier, greener and smarter world. Renesas Electronics Corporation, a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, announced it will showcase its innovations that are transforming the embedded design landscape at the electronica trade fair, which takes place November 13-16, 2018 at the Munich Trade Fair Centre.
Renesas will demonstrate how to deliver intelligence to the endpoint and highlight solutions and techniques that enable system developers to speed their solutions for smart homes, smart healthcare, connected factories and infrastructure, as well as for the automotive segment.
Renesas is also proud to present Nick Heidfeld, racing driver of the Mahindra Racing Formula E Team, as its special guest on the Renesas stand. ‘Quick Nick’ will be signing autographs on the Renesas booth in Hall B4 at stand #556 on Nov 13th.
Embedded Platforms Conference: Michael Hannawald, Senior Vice President Renesas Electronics Corporation & Deputy General Manager Industrial Solution Business Unit, will give a key note speech on the importance of endpoint intelligence across a variety of applications.
- Topic: Why the endpoint doesn’t want to stay stupid
- When: Thursday, November 15, 12:50 - 01:20pm
- Where: ICM – International Congress Centre
Medical electronic conference: Kaushal Vora, Director, Marketing & Applications Engineering - Healthcare & Emerging Technologies, will give a keynote speech on the crucial role that AI plays in medical device technology and its implications for the healthcare industry.
- Topic: Thinking Out Loud: The Expanding Role of Embedded Technologies in Medical Devices
- When: Thursday, November 15, at 3:10-4.05pm
- Where: ICM
Industrial IoT forum: Knut Dettmer, Global Marketing Leader, Industrial Automation Segment Team, will discuss how endpoint intelligence contributes to advancing smart factory precepts and boost efficiency.
- Topic: Retrofitting Production Lines with Edge Analytics to increase Production Efficiency
- When: Thursday, November 15, 1:00-1:25pm
- Where: electronica forum hall C3, stand 534
A key factor enabling companies to deliver intelligence to the endpoint is energy harvesting combined with components that feature low power consumption. At electronica, Renesas will be showing how its low-power and energy harvesting solutions enhance endpoint intelligence, while allowing IoT and automotive system developers to simplify and speed their smart solutions from prototype to market.
In the first of three e-AI demos, Renesas will be racing Cloud AI, Edge AI and e-AI against each other to compare speed and performance. The second showcases a single RX MCU on a BLDC motor, simultaneously running sensorless vector control and a predictive motor failure analysis. The third e-AI demo highlights image recognition using a RZ/A2M MPU with DRP, which executes both machine vision and artificial intelligence in real time.
Energy Harvesting Solutions
Renesas will be showcasing three applications of Silicon on Thin Buried Oxide (SOTB) energy harvesting that do not need batteries to provide power. The first measures and displays an object’s peak velocity using just the small amount of energy harvested from stretching piezoelectric material. The second reveals how Renesas’ breakthrough technologies enable enough energy to be harvested to power an ECG heart monitor. The third demo shows a practical soil monitor that measures the soil parameters and transmits them wirelessly to a data aggregator which is displayed locally.
Developers of connected applications using Renesas Synergy™ S5D9 MCUs will want to see Renesas’ IoT Device-to-Cloud Connectivity based on AE-Cloud1 for rapid evaluation, prototyping and development. They can also discover the new AE-Cloud2, ensuring global LTE IoT cellular connectivity to major enterprise cloud service providers.
Advanced Automotive Solutions
Renesas will be demonstrating four aspects of its automotive expertise that support intelligent endpoints in and around the car:
- Automated driving featuring high-performance, low power consumption IPs for Level3+ automated driving (incl. stereovision and dense optical flow)
- Renesas will show its ADAS surround view vision IP using simulated video (generated by OpenADx), including power measurements
- The emotion recognition engine, available in the form of an SDK, helps detect conditions like driver drowsiness and improve safety
- The Mahindra race simulator leverages Renesas’ collaboration with Mahindra, presenting an exciting demo of the Renesas battery management system that will be used in a race in early December. The new BMS provides multiple enhancements compared to the previous version.
Join us for a race!