Starter-Kit M3A-2114G72A for 32172/32173 Group
This product has been decided to discontinue selling.
- The evaluation board includes M32173F2VFP with 256-Kbyte flash memory by IC socket.
- Free from restrictions on MCU resources (ROM, RAM or I/O) during evaluation via on-board debugger by SDI
- The evaluation board comes with through-holes for extension connectors to all ports except those used for power supply and MCU control.
- Includes dedicated debugger front end accommodating M3T-PD32R (emulator debugger for M32100T-SDI-E) to GUI operation
- The evaluation board can operate stand-alone after programming flash memory
Example of System Configuration
Contents of the Package
- 32172/32173 Group Evaluation board
- Compact emulator (M32100T-EZ-E) [Limited version for using only 32172/32173 Group MCU]
- Debugger front end (M3T-PD32RM)
- Cross tool kit for the M32R Family (M3T-CC32R) [trial version]
- SFR Header file, Sample program
- Power supply cable
- USB cable
- RS-232C crossing cable
- Cable to connect an evaluation board and compact emulator
- Connector pitch converter to connect SDI interface board(M3A-2191)
Operating Environment (required on the user side)
(1) Recommended Host PC
|Host Machine||IBM PC/AT compatibles|
|CPU||Pentium 3 500MHz or higher CPU is recommended.|
|Memory||192Mbytes or more system memory is recommended.|
|OS||Windows 98, 2000, XP, Me|
(2) Power supply (5V/1A)
32172/32173 Group Evaluation Board
|Board Specification||Mounted MCU||M32173F2VFP|
|System clock||40MHz (f(XIN) = 10MHz, multiple-by-4)|
|MCU operation mode||Single-chip mode|
|MCU internal memory||Flash memory: 256KB
|Input/Output function||LED x 8: 1 port
Toggle switch x 8:1 port
VR control x 4: A-D converter (4 channels)
|Connector||Communication connector for compact emulator (34 pins)
RS-232C connector for serial communication
CAN communication connector
MCU functional evaluation connector (through-holes only) (Note)
Connector for serial ROM programmer (through-holes only)
RTD* Monitor tool connector (through-holes only) Power supply connector
|Power supply||4.75V to 5.25V (0.5A or more)|
*: Real-Time Debugger (RTD) is a serial interface to read or write the internal RAM from outside the MCU without CPU.
Note:Connecters from Hirose Electric Ltd. (PCN10-128P-2.54DSA equivalent) are compatible. For futher information, please refer to http://www.hirose.com.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|