3D Gesture Reference Design
This 3D gesture reference design is a solution that can detect the position (x, y, and z coordinates) of a hand in space using Renesas' capacitive touch solution. The position of a hand up to 200 millimeters above a panel surface is converted to x, y, and z coordinates. Moreover, since sensing of coordinate data can be carried out at high speed, gestures (up and down, right and left, and front and behind) and simple pattern recognition can be used to operate a device.
FeaturesBased on Renesas' high sensitivity, noise-tolerant capacitive touch solution
- Recognize the position of a hand up to 200 millimeters above a sensor
- Up to 1-mm accuracy
- Sensing can be carried out with any nonconducting material - thus can be embedded inside a wall, etc.
- Support for IEC 61000 4-3 and IEC 61000 4-6 Level 3 class B*
- *class B: No false detection when no object nearby in noisy environment.
- Realize system control and gesture operation for your product using a high-performance, low power 32-bit microcontroller and touch IP
- Also possible to use gestures in combination with touch buttons
Can gesture recognition be used with infrared (pyroelectric sensor) or sound wave devices, or cameras?
Suggested no touch interfaces
Standard version (160 mm) RX231 is here >>
|RX firmware||Contents||Code size|
|Standard version (160 mm) RX231||
|Small version (80 mm) RX130||
* Gesture recognition, coordinate detection middleware is the same except electrode placement, USB presence / absence etc.
3D Gesture Demo Set Evaluation Tool
Executable EXE file