The 78K0/Lx3-M is an 8-bit microcontroller with built-in functionality optimized for electronic power meters.
- Max. frequency: 10 MHz
- ROM capacities: 48 KB to 60 KB flash memory
- RAM capacities: 2048 bytes
- 78K0 CPU core
- Package: 64-pin and 100-pin plastic LQFP package
- Minimum instruction execution time can be changed from high speed (0.2 μs: @ 10 MHz operation with highspeed system clock) to ultra low-speed (122 μs: @ 32.768 kHz operation with subsystem clock)
- General-purpose register: 8 bits x 32 registers (8 bits x 8 registers x 4 banks)
- On-chip single-power-supply flash memory
- Self-programming (with boot swap function)
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip power-on-clear (POC) circuit and low-voltage detector (LVI)
- On-chip watchdog timer (operable with internal low-speed oscillation clock)
- On-chip LCD controller/driver (external resistance division and internal resistance division are switchable)
- Segment signal output: 40, Common signal output: 4 (When set to the 1/3 bias method)
- On-chip segment key scan function
- On-chip 10-bit successive approximation type A/D converter (AVREF = 2.3 to 3.6 V)
- On-chip 24-bit Delta-Sigma-type A/D converter (AVDD = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
- On-chip real-time counter
- On-chip remote controller transmitter
- On-chip power calculation circuit
- On-chip power quality measurement circuit
- On-chip digital frequency conversion circuit
- On-chip key interrupt function, buzzer output controller, I/O ports, timer, serial interface, and extended SFR interface
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 to +85°C
Pin Count / Memory Size Lineup:
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Software Design Support
|CS+||An integrated development environment that can be used for coding, assembling/compiling, and simulation. (Also included with Renesas Starter Kits.)|
|E1||A standard Renesas on-chip debugging emulator that enables users to carry out ample debugging for real development at low cost. (Also included with starter kits.)|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.