The µPD78F8024,78F8025 microcontroller has a wide input voltage range from 9 to 38V and supports both buck and boost topologies to drive up to 40 high-power LEDs at currents reaching over 1.5A.
- Operating voltage: VDD = 1.8 to 5.5 V - When using the constant current driver: VDD = CVDD = 4.5 to 5.5 V
- Max. Operating frequency: 20 MHz
- ROM capacities: 8 KB and 32 KB
- RAM capacities: 512 bytes and 1 KB
- On-chip constant current driver with selectable buck or boost converter
- Minimum instruction execution time can be changed from high speed (0.1 μs: @ 20 MHz operation with main system clock) to low speed (1.6 μs: @ 2 MHz operation with main system clock)
- General-purpose register: 8 bits x 32 registers (8 bits x 8 registers x 4 banks)
- On-chip single-power-supply flash memory
- Self-programming (with boot swap function)
- On-chip power-on-clear (POC) circuit and low-voltage detector (LVI)
- On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the on-chip internal low-speed oscillation clock)
- I/O ports: 23 (N-ch open drain: 2)
- Timer: 6 channels
- 16-bit timer/event counter: 1 channel - 8-bit timer/event counter: 2 channels - 8-bit timer: 2 channels - Watchdog timer: 1 channel
- Serial interface: 3 channels
- UART (LIN (Local Interconnect Network)-bus supported): 1 channel
- CSI/UART: 1 channel
- I2C: 1 channel
- 10-bit resolution A/D converter (AVREF = 2.3 to 5.5 V): 4 channels
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 to +85°C
Pin Count / Memory Size Lineup:
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.